Weekly Journal Entry
Date: February 7, 2021
Verse: Galatians 5:1
Thank You for literally taking the time to walk with me through Your word. Thank you for helping me to apply it to my life. Thank You for your patience as I navigate life. Thank You for Your grace as I mess up from time to time. God, thank You for Your mercy.
I must admit that the deeper I get in Your word, the harder I am on myself. Why can't I get it Father? Why do I still struggle with this flesh of mine? You deserve so much more from me. It's like the harder I try to truly walk in what Your word speaks, the harder I fail at getting it right.
I've been sharing Your word and how it is helping me with others, but God I feel so unworthy. I am still allowing You to transform my life and because I am a work in progress I struggle with the fear of judgment when talking about Your goodness in my life.
It's funny because the very reason I am grateful for Your love is also the very reason I feel so condemned because of Your unconditional love for me.
Father, how do I embrace the process? How do I trust the work You're doing in me? How do I not fall victim to the bondage of people and who they think I should be in order to serve and love who You are Father?
Honestly, I've realized it's not people's opinions that bombard me, it’s this voice inside of me.
How do I believe You concerning what You see in me?
How do I get past trying so hard to earn Your love.
How do I believe that the cost for my life was paid long before I was ever even thought of?
How do I break free from this yoke that keeps me tied to striving and instead embrace this life that You have called me to freely live?
Signed with Exhaustion,
Your Daughter Zane
I hear you Daughter. I also see you. I understand where you are because I knew that eventually you would be here. Zane when I created you, I created you with purpose. When I formed you, I knew who and what you would be in this life. I've made no mistakes concerning who you are, Zane. I look at you and honestly, I see beauty. I look at you and honestly, I admire your heart, your drive, your determination, and your perseverance.
This life you are living is all about lessons. I am taking you through a transformation process, but do you understand that as long as you are living on earth, I will be working to complete what I started? Salvation is a gift that is received instantly. The work that I do in you to continuously mold you in this life, is a life long process.
This is a promise, that you can hold deep within your heart:
I will complete what I started.
I will continuously take you from Glory to Glory in your life. You can depend on Me to keep My promises.
Zane, this is what I want you to remember.
Every question you have, I heard before you spoke it aloud. I was sending answers to you as you formed the words. I didn't send you to earth to master this life alone.
I want you to lean and depend on Me.
Zane, I want you to pay attention. I speak in the most simple and direct ways. If you listen, you will be on the path that I have called you on. Zane, that is all the partnership I need.
You walking with Me, in agreement.
Signed with Love and Understanding,
Your Weekly Journaling Prompt
God's Word in Galatians 5:1:
"Christ has set us free for freedom. Therefore, stand firm and don't submit to the bondage of slavery again."
1. Christ has set us free.
2. Stand Firm.
3. Don't submit to the bondage of slavery.
Put this into Practice:
1. Google the definition of Freedom. Write down the definition that stands out the most to you.
2. Google the definition of Submit. Write down the definition that stands out the most to you.
3. Google the definition of Bondage. Write down the definition that stands out the most to you.
4. Rewrite Galatians 5:1. Insert the definitions you wrote down for Freedom, Submit, and Bondage. Write this verse as if it was speaking personally to you. Read it aloud. Let the words spoken, really sink in.
5. Journal about what came to mind as you read this verse aloud. Did God bring anything to mind as you read this verse aloud and personalized it to speak directly to you? What do you believe God is speaking to you from this verse? Are there places that are keeping you in bondage when God has called you to be free?
6. Pray. Pray and ask God to help you to live out this verse in every situation you face. Ask Him to show you where you are still being submitted to the bondage of slavery. Ask Him to teach you how to stand firm in the work He has done to set you free.
Christ died on the cross for our sins. What He did for us was not because of what we did for Him but because of His love, mercy and grace. I pray today, that you release the yoke of bondage and grasp on to His purposed life for you in Freedom.
If you enjoyed this journaling prompt! Share the below social media image on your page and invite others to subscribe and join us weekly!
Note: *Zane is a fictitious character that represents every woman in this world that we desire to reach and provide a online space for them to rest and be restored.