Weekly Journal Entry
Date: January 10, 2021
Verse: Philippians 4:8
"Fix Your Thoughts"
I'm back again. I hope that you don't mind me constantly writing you. The truth is that sometimes it is only you that truly understands my needs.
God, I'm trying…
I started this week strong, I kept meditating on your verse that instructed me not to worry, but it's like no matter what I tried, constant thoughts filled with worry and negativity kept bombarding me!
This world is filled with so much distraction, God. There is so much hatred and so much division. It all truly and honestly burdens me. So, honestly this week God... I struggled.
What do you do when no matter how hard you try, your mind keeps reminding you about the things you are trying your best to not think or worry about and leave completely in your hands?
Signed with Desperation and Hope,
Your Daughter Zane
I am so thankful that it is I you come to when you are in need because the truth of the matter is that I can fulfill every single one of your needs. I understand completely where you are my dear. I believe that the writer Paul does as well. You see, Paul knew all about what it would take to train his mind. Many times he was met with adversity, haunting memories from his past, and mistreatment because of not only who he was but, also the call on his life.
When Paul, wrote to the Philippians, he not only encouraged them to not worry but he also shared tips on how to retrain their mind.
I want you to take time to study, Philippians 4:8 this week. When we talk next week, come to me as honest as you were this week and let me know how it has impacted your life.
Signed with Love, Compassion and Understanding,
Your Weekly Journaling Prompt
God instructs us to do the following in Philippians 4:8:
"So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always."
Think about what is authentic and real.
Think about what is honorable and admirable.
Think about what is beautiful and respectful.
Think about what is pure and holy.
Think about what is merciful and kind.
Think about the glorious works of God.
Put this into Practice:
1. Do a brain dump in your journal. What are your current thoughts, emotions, and feelings right now? Don't stop to edit or re-read. Write everything that comes to mind down.
2. Pray. Write a prayer to God surrendering everything that you just wrote down completely to Him. Ask Him to show you what is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, and merciful and kind.
3. Identify those things that do not fit the 7 keys. Take your pen and mark through those things. Scribble them out completely as if you are physically removing them from your mind.
4. Ponder on the things that are left and the glorious works that God has done in your life.
5. Thank God for all He has done. Thank God for all He has done in your life. Thank Him for everything that comes to mind. Praise shifts the atmosphere and transforms your mind.
God teaches us in verses Philippians 4:6-8 what to do when we worry, what will happen if we follow His instructions, and how to address our thoughts and focus on the good in life.
I trust God's instructions and so should you!
Note: *Zane is a fictitious character that represents every woman in this world that we desire to reach and provide a online space for them to rest and be restored.